Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nursery Musings.....



"This Fox is a tricky fox. He'll try to get your tongue in trouble"......excerpt from Dr. Seuss' tongue twister of a book Fox in Socks.

So I have been browsing different blogs, websites, magazines, etc looking at nursery ideas. While I saw lots of rooms that were both cute and creative, I wasn't finding much that really stood out. Especially ones that were gender neutral (we are waiting to be surprised!) Really like a vintage, modern, eclectic look. I like color, but don't want to be overwhelmed with neon green or crossing-guard orange. Last week I came across this "design trend" on Apartmenttherapy.com. I especially love the little fox pillow.... the colors are perfect! I thought the red fox fabric would be really cute as an accent. Check out the article and sources here.


Oh, and I found this on etsy:



Wouldn't this be adorable with other handmade woodland animals thrown in the mix? I have seen some adorable owls, squirrels, and raccoons made in similar styles on etsy. And I have a pattern for a bird and branch mobile as shown below.


What do you think? Do you like it?

3 comments:

  1. You're the cutest!! That is one fortunate child...he or she will ALWAYS be fashionable!! Oh, how I love you!

    I love the woodland animals idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I've been thinking of doing a similar style in Adelyn's room that is sort of Grimm's fairy tales inspired

    ReplyDelete