Friday, November 5, 2010

Ina Garten's Mac & Cheese

In an earlier post I talked about new beginnings. Well, here's another first for me: homemade macaroni & cheese! To be honest, it's truly another first to break out the pots and pans and cook dinner at least a few times a week. Brian's the one who has "broken in" all of our lovely red calphalon cookware. There was something enticing about the ceramic baking dish and rich, creamy, old fashioned mac & cheese that I couldn't resist! And with some lingering second trimester nausea and food aversions, I have to eat whatever sounds good at the moment!

I enjoy Ina Garten's show on the foodnetwork and found her recipe here. I first heard of her in early issues of Victoria magazine. They interviewed inspirational women entrepeneurs and her shop Barefoot Contessa was featured. Ina also has a lovely home.Back to the mac & cheese, it surprisingly came out delicious even though made by yours truly!


No comments:

Post a Comment